Thursday, October 25, 2007

XXX Songs

EW has a list of 25 x-rated songs... A couple caught my eye:
  • Lords of Acid - I Sit on Acid - Lords of Acid were my introduction to "techno" (because they weren't really what I would call proper techno). I have fond memories of "I Must Increase My Bust" - especially the Hawtin remix.
  • Liz Phair - Flower - Because she went to Oberlin and graduated the year before I got there. That's the only reason.
  • Serge Gainsbourg and Jane Birkin - Je T'aime... Moi Non Plus - This is a very bizarre song if you understand French and the lyrics. The title translates to "I Love You... Me Neither" which Serge has said refers to the way women say "I love you" during sex but they don't really mean it. Beautiful song though.
  • Peaches - AA XXX - Because this reminds me of the Larry Tee days when electro was the cool new thing. With all of my music choices I've been a couple years ahead of the trends. If I'd been a little bit later I could have caught many, many trends as they were starting to get popular, instead of 5 years before.

No comments: