Tuesday, October 23, 2007

More Crap

Some more commentary on the Apple iPhone numbers from last night.

From the NYT special on sleep today, a bunch of articles:
Tom, everyone's favorite MySpace friend, is apparently doing a pretty common MySpace thing to do - lying about his age.

Natali del Conte - a somewhat cute tech vlogger, in a bloopers reel that really has no point, other than looking at her.

Some crazy Christian televangelist cursing up a storm:



Startup to kill junk mail.
An article about StumbleUpon, which apparently is a better version of Digg or one of those types of sites. And by article I mean half-assed weak attempt at a blog post.

Netflix profits are up... Which is odd because, while I still am a subscriber, I am strongly thinking of switching to Blockbuster. I love Netflix and I will feel like a traitor if/when I do switch; and I hate Blockbuster for being the Starbucks of movie rentals. But with Netflix if I want to watch a movie I have to put it on a list, wait weeks for it to come, and by the time it comes I don't want to watch it anymore, so it sits there for months delaying the next movie I really do want to see.

With Blockbuster I can exchange the movie in the store, and get the next one on my list. I'm doing a two week trial of Blockbuster and I've watched more movies than I have watched from Netflix in the last 3 or 4 months, maybe even longer.

No comments: