Monday, October 15, 2007

How to Pretend You Have an iPhone

From Cory Arcangel comes this easy way to make everyone think you have an iPhone.

I know a lot of people dislike Cory but I went to school with him and I like him. Yes, his parents do live in a big, huge McMansion in Buffalo (or at least they did about 12 years ago); and for all I know they may pay his Williamsburg rent. But he actually has talent and he is a genuinely nice guy. He and Paul Davis did a stop-motion animation video with Legos set to one of Paul's songs that was genius. The song was brilliant and the video was awesome.

The Bruce Springsteen Born to Run glockenspiel addendum was brilliant and I still want a copy of it.

And... Apparently one of the other Rolling Stones has done even more drugs than Keith Richards. If that is even possible.

Apparently some old people use Facebook. This deserves a whole article in the NYT. I don't understand why anyone uses Facebook. And neither do a lot of other tech people.

Lastly, a woman who charges parents obscene amounts to get their kids into their prestigious schools where they can pay out the nose for their child to drink and get A's for doing nothing. A roommate of mine's father was a professor at Princeton and he refused to let his son go there because he said the undergraduate education was so shoddy.

1 comment:

Eric Antoine Scuccimarra said...

Thanks for the info. I was using Cory as a stand-in for the stereotypes a lot of NYers seem to have about people who went to Oberlin. I know he doesn't live in Williamsburg and I didn't really think his parents paid his rent.

I do have to disagree about the McMansion. I was there and it was big, and it was a McMansion. It was about 1996 or so in Buffalo. Maybe 1995.

Anyway the point was that regardless of what his parents do or do not do, Cory is a great guy and a brilliant artist and it pisses me off when sites like Gawker use him as an example of overprivileged Obies. He is a genuinely nice guy and I love his art - I especially loved the music he and Paul did on Beige Records. 8-Bit Operators and such.