Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Round-up for Wednesday Morning

I am busy working on the Gawker contest (only missing one face) but I have managed to find some time to do other stuff - like work, etc.

In the news today:
  • Noted dumbass Henry Blodget says that Google will go to $2,000 a share. This would make it worth $750 billion, or like the top 5 biggest companies today combined. Blodget did so well with his tech calls a few years ago, who could doubt him now?
  • A new site will buy your old crappy cell phones for pennies. I really want a new Treo but the prices on the 700p's won't come down and Verizon won't upgrade me.
  • Despite the fact that Microsoft is reportedly in talks to invest in Facebook at a $10b to $15b valuation, Steve Balmer thinks its a fad. "Mr Ballmer also noted that sites such as Geocities, an online community that was bought for $3 billion by Yahoo! in 1999, at the height of the dot-com boom, 'had most of what Facebook has.'" Thank you Steve Ballmer for being the only sane person in this whole frenzy. Marc Andreesen, on the other hand, disagrees with Steve.
  • Apparently a lot of Google employees who's options are vesting soon are leaving for Facebook. Cash in, and then move on to the next "big score." I don't have a source for this one, but it's all purely speculation anyway. Someone is going to buy Facebook for billions of dollars and then it's going to... I think you all know my opinion of Facebook.
In non-tech news:
And I leave you with a mildly amusing spoof of the Paris Hilton sex tape:

No comments: