Friday, August 17, 2007

iPhone

I used to be a big fan of Apple but not so much lately. My last Mac was a G4, or maybe it was a G3, but it was a long time ago. I had always had Macs growing up and didn't start using Windows until I graduated from college and entered the real world. For a while I kept using my Mac at home but inevitably I had to get a PC. For a few years I kept both hooked up with a KVM switch (although I had to keep separate keyboards and mice - thanks Steve Jobs!) I used the Mac mainly for image editing and audio recording and editing. Then Windows caught up to Apple in both those areas. Then I used it for Quicken because I had my financial records since 1997 on my Mac. Then I got a new version of Quicken for Windows and moved everything over.

So now my lonely Mac sits in the corner, collecting dust. I have had no need to touch it in years, and it's not even running OS X. I never bothered to upgrade it.

Then comes the iPod, which was pretty cool, even I have to admit. Then the iPhone, which I have not heard good things about. Even if I had $600 extra t0 spend I would not have bought an iPhone. For one thing AT&T Wireless service is absolutely the worst.

Then this poor girl gets a 300 page bill from AT&T. Apparently she text messages a lot. And they list every single one on the bill. How one person does 35,000 text messages a month is beyond me. That works out to over 1,000 messages a day, or 65 per hour for an 18 hour day, or one per minute. I guess it's possible if you did nothing else but text all day, but even then I would be hard pressed to write one a minute.

No comments: