Friday, August 31, 2007

Friday is finally here

Daily Motion raises more money... $34 million to be exact. Why is it that a company like mine, which has an original idea and great technology, is floundering while a YouTube copy is raising tens of millions of dollars? I have some thoughts but I can't share them publicly at this point in time.

NBC launches Hulu, bails on iTunes. I've only ever bought one thing off of iTunes and it was an episode of Battlestar Galactica that my DVR missed for some reason. Or maybe it got erased. Regardless, while it is a good way to manage your music library and apparently is very attractive to other people, I have never seen the value in buying music off of it.

This guy has come up with a good way to resize images. This is pretty nifty, although right now it only works for making things smaller.

Halo 3 is coming out soon. Yay. I don't play video games so I have no interest whatsoever. My friend here at work is obsessed with guitar here but I actually really play guitar so I don't think that learning to push buttons is going to be so easy. That is a great idea though - make a video game where all you do is push buttons fast and make the controller shaped like a guitar so people who like to play air guitar can now play video-game-fake-guitar instead. Genius.

No comments: