Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Web 2.0 Bubble Song and Video



Plus Facebook Beacon steals and transmits data around. There's a surprise.

And an article about how Facebook is dying! I like this guy! Let the feeding frenzy begin.

And here is my comment on the article linked above:

I agree that the article is correct. I have been saying the exact same thing for months now - and I am not a member of the press.

The problem is not that Facebook doesn't play nice with the press. The problem is that it has very little revenue and with advertisers jumping ship now that will likely stay the same or go down in the future.

The thing is that while everyone uses Facebook - people don't seem to click on ads on it. That is not an opinion, check the research or take a look at Facebook's revenue, which is expected to be $150 mil for 2007, which is not a whole lot for a company valued at $15b.

If things start to go bad and the VCs jump ship Facebook will be hung out to dry with no way of raising capital. I don't think they will go out of business but I would expect them to be bought by a Microsoft or something.

No comments: