Monday, December 03, 2007

Noncompete Clauses, Advertising and Natalie Del Conte

Natalie Del Conte is moving to NY! Sweet! She is so cute. Although I will likely never meet her it is nice knowing that she is close by.

AdBrite is switching AVN Ads over to Black Label Ads and Etology is taking over AVN Ads. I use both AdBrite and Etology so it doesn't really effect me at all.

Fred Wilson on why start-ups fail, from a VCs perspective.

Some guy wants to get rid of non-compete clauses. That would be nice as I have one in my contract. However I have heard that they are extremely difficult to enforce from the company's perspective. Apparently the courts are not too keen on letting companies deny people the right to make a living. Something about the Constitution.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm that guy that wants to get rid of the non-compete clause :)

Depending on where you live it can be enforced and besides why do you want that risk.

I wrote a follow up post today about the risk of non-competes and enforcement. welcome your comments.

http://bijansabet.com/post/20831449

Eric Antoine Scuccimarra said...

I read your follow-up and responded to it as well.

Thanks for reading this. I have enjoyed reading your blog greatly.