Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Democratic Candidates

As sick as the country is of George Bush and his miserably failed presidency you would think the Democrats would definitely be able to get someone into the White House next year. But with the candidates they are throwing up, I don't know that anyone can get elected.

Obama has a good message, but he doesn't really have any actual experience doing anything. There is no way he could get stuff run through Congress, or deal with foreign policy. Hillary could, but I just don't trust her.

And let's face it - middle America, the flyover states - are not going to elect either a woman or a black man. I know they have their projections so that they could win the states they need and take the election and just ignore the midwest and the south entirely. But I have a feeling that a lot of the "blue states" are going to have similar thoughts to mine. Which is "I don't really like either of these candidates, but John McCain I could live with."

If the Republicans are smart enough to make sure McCain gets the nod I have no doubt he will win. And who knows... He might be better than a Democrat would be. But it's still painful to see the Democratic party continuing to make the same mistakes over and over and over.

No comments: