Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Seal Slaughter

I can understand why people don't care about killing cows... People don't make the connection that the burgers you buy at McDonald's actually came from a cow. And they come with toys. But who can support killing poor baby seals?



Vancouver Olympic Shame: Learn more.

I think our culture is pretty messed up as far as our awareness of food. I've met kids who think that carrots are little bullet-shaped things that come in plastic bags. They didn't know what a real, whole carrot was when I showed it to them. They also think that meat comes wrapped up in paper from McDonalds. They don't understand that it came from a cow that was killed, much less the conditions under which these animals live and die.

PETA has a site about the Seal Slaughter. I'm going to ignore the other issues for now.

No comments: