Friday, January 11, 2008

Some random bits as I catch up on the news

Network Solutions has to find ways to get people to buy domains from them given that they charge three to four times as much as other registrars. Valleywag reports that if someone searches for a domain on NetSol they register it, effectively locking it up for five days. Bastards. Glad I don't use them anymore. I'm not happy with GoDaddy's treatment of me but at least they let me know when they are going to be ripping me off.

TechCrunch reports that Zillow.com is adding millions of listings to their database. I tried it once, didn't give me any useful info whatsoever. Maybe I'll check it out when I'm looking to sell my house, if they are still around.

Paul Boutin gives his opinions of people on Valleywag. Something to do with Nick Denton's new pay structure. Hopefully this gives you a little bit of extra traffic, Paul.

No comments: