Tuesday, September 09, 2008

mRing for Treo

Looking for a way to do MP3 ringtones on my Treo I found this app, mRing. I downloaded and installed it and it works great for assigning MP3 ringtones, but I'm about to delete it for other reasons. I hate the way it changes the incoming call screen.

Gone is the little picture with two big, clearly marked buttons for answer and ignore. This is replaced with a giant picture with two little tiny buttons, and it's not really clear which one is selected at any given time. Tapping the screen ignores with text.

My other complaint about this is that every time I try to adjust the volume on my phone it ends up turning the stupid thing back on. The volume button was reassigned to be the profile adjustment for mRing. Today I will delete it completely.

If you want a completely new contact manager and to have to go into a different application to get more flexibility for assigned your contacts ringtones and pictures it is great. If you just want MP3 ringtones I would suggest playing them out of speakers and recording them using the Treo's sound application.

No comments: